Many people are asking, “What is my purpose? What is it that I am truly meant to be doing? What is my highest offering and how can I genuinely make a difference at a time when the world most seems to need it?” Erin Sarika Delaney, a leading expert in the field of guiding others to the path of the heart to discover their true life purpose, will lead us in an exploration of the ego and the soul. She’ll discuss how these two important aspects of ourselves collaboratively work together to manifest our true purpose in life—that precise place where the ego meets the energy of the soul.
About Erin Sarika Delaney
Erin is a speaker, published author, and masterful Dream Coach® and True Purpose Coach®. She has been described as a “powerful analyst of the soul” whose light-hearted yet focused guidance supports people in transforming the blocks that hold them back from knowing and manifesting their true purpose and life’s dreams.
Throughout her own life Erin has been exploring the inner realm of purpose and following her dreams. Holding an M.A. in the Expressive Arts from Lesley University, her search has led her in a variety of directions — from working with children at Mother Teresa’s day camps in the Bronx to teaching creative writing in Mexico City; from working on a farm in southern France to studying dance and sacred ritual in Bali; from teaching expressive movement in psychiatric hospitals and delinquent teen homes in Kentucky to living at an ashram in the Catskill Mountains of New York. No matter where the path leads, her secret is to listen to the wisdom of the soul and follow the call of the heart.
She is a co-author in the recently published book, “Incredible Life,” written by 20 experts in the personal development field. You can find out more about Erin at her website, www.erindelaney.org.
Erin’s Coaching Suggestion
To begin to explore that special place where your ego and soul connect:
1) Think about three specific times in your life when you have felt the most aligned and/or fulfilled.
2) Write in detail how you felt during those experiences. What was so meaningful about each of them? What was it about each experience that made you feel alive and content?
3) Identify the common thread in those experiences by looking for patterns and themes.
4) With that common thread in mind, write a sentence (a working purpose statement) that best defines the work you do in the world: “My purpose is to_______________________ .”
5) Make choices that are in alignment with that statement.
This exercise, though driven by the ego (conscious mind), will help you begin to discern your life purpose and act accordingly.
Erin’s Quotes for the Day
“You are here to enable the divine purpose of the universe to unfold. That’s how important you are.” ~Eckhart Tolle
“If you want to be free, you can’t push away anything. You have to embrace it all. It’s all God.” ~Ram Dass
Click the blue audio arrow below to listen to the interview: