Every woman wants to feel empowered in what we do and the way we live. Too often, we limit ourselves and stifle God’s power within us by looking to the world to define who we are and whether or not we are “successful.” The net result is that we never fully live out our calling or purpose. Dawn’s message of living an empowered life helps us to shift our thinking and the way we define ourselves so that we can be free to live the life we were fashioned to live, with passion and purpose.
About Dawn Rutledge
Dawn Rutledge is a Certified Personal Trainer, Master Holy Yoga instructor, Certified Thai Yoga Massage provider, Pilates instructor, and licensed Am I Hungry? workshop facilitator. She owned and operated Curves Ahwatukee for nearly eight years where she helped empower more than 4,000 women to strengthen their bodies, manage their weight, and improve their overall health and wellness.
Dawn’s life was transformed in 2005 as a student of Holy Yoga when she discovered the power of integrating her faith and yoga practice. Soon after, she became a certified Holy Yoga instructor. God slowly revealed a plan for her to offer wellness and healing through faith-based wellness programs. These programs are woven together in a tapestry only God could provide that combines Dawn’s faith, fitness background, weight management experience, and passion to help others achieve wellness.
Dawn serves within the Christ Centered Yoga Ministry at Mountain Park Community Church and Redemption Church. She received the 2007 Palo Verde “Business Woman of the Year” award for her charity work and dedication to community service while she owned Curves Ahwatukee. She lives in Ahwatukee with her husband and four children.
Dawn’s Coaching Suggestion
1. Get clear on where in your life you are affected by “world-view” thinking. Replace those thoughts with ones that will empower you rather than deflate/inflate you.
2. Take an inventory of who you are and how you define yourself in terms of your heart, mind, soul/spirit, strength/body.
3. Take a spiritual gifts inventory to identify your gifts.
4. Do some goal setting around what you are passionate about, making sure it utilizes your gifts.
5. Put your strengths into service for God and others.
6. Do not get into the trap of trying to be all things to all people. Focus on what you do well.
7. Find your wings and soar.
Dawn’s Verse for the Day
“God’s way is not a matter of mere talk; it’s an empowered life.” 1 Corinthians 4:20
Click the audio button below to listen to the interview.