A stumbling block for many, self-confidence is the cornerstone of success.
Say the term “self-confidence” to Christian Women Entrepreneurs, and you’ll undoubtedly get mixed reactions.
- Egotistical, say some.
- Our birthright, say others.
Our view of self-confidence informs our ability to claim it. If developing self-confidence is inconsistent with our worldview, we will never truly believe in ourselves and our ability to succeed.
Self-Confidence Reflects Our Relationship with Our Creator
Do we truly believe we are fearfully and wonderfully made?
I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
Wonderful are Your works, and my soul knows it very well. (Psalm 139:14)
Do we truly believe we are fearfully and wonderfully made by God in the image of God?
So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them. (Genesis 1:27)
What is mankind that you are mindful of them, human beings that you care for them? You have made them a little lower than the angels and crowned them with glory and honor. (Psalm 8:4-6)
For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. (Ephesians 2:10)
Self-Confidence is Contagious
If you want to develop confidence in your wonderfully created self…
- Visualize success in all areas of your life: e.g., health, family, relationships, work. Creating and reflecting on that specific image is powerful, which is why Vision Boards have remained so popular over the years. Images give our subconscious minds specific goals to aspire to and achieve. As we achieve the goals we visualize, we inspire our children, friends, colleagues, and clients to do the same.
- Spend time with other men and women who humbly accept and share with others their God-given gifts and abilities. Watch how they act and interact and emulate what you admire the most.
- Spend time alone with God, asking Him to fill your heart, soul, and mind with a willingness to fully embrace the person He created you to be.
- Affirm your God-given gifts and abilities with gratitude and grace. Writing and reading affirmations on a daily basis will help you overcome thoughts of failure and incompetence and will cause you to embrace thoughts of prosperity and success in their stead.
- Speak words of confidence and encouragement to yourself and others for, as President John F. Kennedy liked to quote,“A rising tide lifts all boats.”
Self-Confidence is the Cornerstone of Success
Let go of the idea that humility and self-confidence are incompatible.
- If we believe we are made in the image of God…
- If we believe our gifts and abilities are God-given…
- If we believe we are created with a purpose to do good works for God’s glory…
Then we must boldly yet humbly step out in faith. When we do…
We will boldly yet humbly glorify God through success.
How does self-confidence fit into your worldview? What are you doing, if anything, to develop it? Please share your thoughts in the comment box below so we can learn from one another!
May the Lord bless you and keep you and be gracious unto you. May the Lord grant you prosperity and peace.