It’s a question many entrepreneurs struggle with: How can we become a high performance business owner, performing at optimum levels day after day, when we are our own CEO?
Though I assure you I’ve not yet discovered THE SINGLE MAGIC FORMULA, I’ve come a long way with the help of mentors and books, and through trial & error. I’ll share with you here some of the best tips I’ve learned and hope you will return the favor in the comment box below.
Managing Our Energy is Key to High Performance
According to authors Jim Loehr and Tony Schwartz, “Performance, health, and happiness are grounded in the skillful management of energy,” not time. [The Power of Full Engagement, Free Press, Copyright © 2003]
Have you ever noticed how high performers have not “just enough” energy, but an abundance of energy? What’s their secret?
- Do they have routines and practices in place that help them bound out of bed in the morning?
- Do they have specific rituals that help them charge forth boldly and enthusiastically throughout their day?
- Do they regularly set aside time to re-charge their batteries?
- Do they have a “higher purpose” to which they feel called?
As an avid student of what helps people reach their full potential, I enjoy reading books like The Power of Full Engagement and Brendon Burchard’s The Charge. I strive to implement whatever speaks to me in my own life and business, and I enjoy helping my clients do the same.
In their book The Power of Full Engagement, Jim Loehr and Tony Schwartz give us practical, easily implementable action steps to help us amp up our energy so we can amp up our performance big time. They make a strong case for their premise: energy management is the secret to long-lasting success.
Challenging Ourselves is Key to High Performance
I had the privilege of attending Brendon Burchard’s High Performance Academy in 2011. He passionately shared with us the strategies and concepts he would soon write about in his best-selling book The Charge: Activating the 10 Human Drives That Make You Feel Alive, Free Press, Copyright © 2012.
Brendon maintains that, to live a fully charged and successful life, we must (among other things…):
- Challenge ourselves to go beyond our current skill level and current situation
- Stretch ourselves by making a contribution that activates our weaknesses as well as our strengths
- Expand ourselves by getting out of our perceived comfort zone and tapping into our highest self
- Equip ourselves to make the difference we’re here on earth to make.
“I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor.”
~Henry David Thoreau
Being Fully Present is Key to High Performance
In his inimitable, highly animated style, Brendon also urges us to be engaged, enthusiastic, and energetic whenever we interact with others. We need to be Fully Present, he says, to the people and world around us if we want to make a truly meaningful contribution during our lifetime.
We need to be Fully Present if we want to become an influential High Performance Business Owner.
Are you a Christian Woman Entrepreneur striving to become the best business owner you can be?
Then join my colleague Beth Scanzani and me in our next group coaching program Peak Performance! We begin May 23rd.
To your long-lasting success!