As business owners, we can set our own hours. Create our own products. Design our own programs.
As business owners, we are free of corporate rules and structure. Free of toxic environments (figuratively and literally). Free of _______ (fill in the blank).
Business ownership is a beautiful thing. Right?
And yet, issues loom.
Untended, these looming issues mess with our bodies, minds, and spirits.
Untended, these looming issues can lead to the demise of our business and (worse) to not fulfilling our divine purpose.
It’s time to face the truth, ladies.
What’s the Elephant in YOUR Room?
Business Owners Struggle with Time & Money Management
I know I do. Even after five years of owning Jory Fisher & Associates, Inc., I have to make a concerted effort to use my time wisely each and every day. To that end:
- I set schedules and try to stick to them religiously.
- I monitor/limit my usage of social media.
- I tell my daughters I’ll call them back…
Money management offers us another area in which to practice wise decision-making and solid self-control. With so many opportunities and programs available to us now, how do we decide which ones are best suited for us?
- Which certification(s) will equip us to serve others with our unique gifts and skills?
- Which marketing programs will help us reach our target audience?
- Which online and offline communities will give us the most support?
- Which attorneys and accountants will help us make wise financial decisions?
- Which coaches and mentors will help us fulfill our call?
Are you struggling in either of these areas? Is time or money management the elephant in YOUR room?
Business Owners Struggle with Fear and Self-Doubt
If you’re like me, you love elephants. They have a keen mind and a loving heart. (Don’t believe me? Consider what happened after the death of Lawrence Anthony, a.k.a. “The Elephant Whisperer,” in 2012. Two days after he died of a heart attack, 20 “wild” elephants, led by two large matriarchs, showed up outside his home in South Africa. The elephants had walked for more than 12 miles in single file to reach their friend’s house and pay their respects. Amazing!!! But I digress…)
Elephants have a keen mind, a loving heart, and a huge body.
You can’t miss ’em.
But it seems we can avoid talking about them even when they’re right in front of us bigger than life.
…and we do.
- Are you afraid to ask prospective clients to pay you for your services?
- Are you afraid to call prospective customers to see how you can serve them best?
- Are you afraid to keep track of your money?
- Do you doubt you can succeed as a business owner?
- Do you doubt that you are worthy of being paid?
- Do you doubt that God wants you to lead an abundant life?
The sea of fears and doubts is wide and deep.
Entrepreneurs are drowning. Dreams are dying. Businesses are going under.
Don’t let this happen to you!
If Fear & Doubt is the Elephant in YOUR Room, get help and get help fast. Your purpose will languish unfulfilled until you do.
Business Owners Struggle with Achieving Optimal Health
I know. I know. It’s so darn easy to sit in our chairs all day…”productively” working away on and in our businesses. We have calls to make, Facebook posts to read, articles to write, QuickBooks data to enter. When we rise from our seats, it’s to “fortify” ourselves with diet soda and a pack of “Nabs.” (That word amuses me.)
- Is being a business owner making you pack on the pounds?
- Is being a business owner messing with your cardiovascular health?
- Is being a business owner stressing you out?
Then do something about it if you want to joyfully fulfill your life’s purpose!!
- Hire a personal trainer.
- Join a fitness class.
- Start a walking club.
(You’re smart. What are your ideas?)
I’ve decided to facilitate an optimal health group at my church on Tuesday nights. As a certified health coach, I know there’s no better way to keep my health front of mind than to encourage and inspire others to do the same.
Be honest. How’s your health? As a business owner, as a spouse, as a parent, as a child of God… you need to take care of your body and soul. Is THIS the elephant in your room?
Whatever your elephant(s) may be, let’s explore whether I’m the right person to help you face the truth!
You’re here to discover and fulfill your divine purpose. Don’t let an elephant or two or 20 keep you from making the difference you’re here on earth to make.
To Your Ongoing Success,