As a self-employed, home-based entrepreneur, I’ve studied prosperity upside down and sideways. I’ve read books and Scripture verses. I’ve listened to lectures and audio series. I’ve interviewed business owners and preachers. My conclusion? True Prosperity is our choice.
True Prosperity: It’s Our Choice!
In the beginning… on the sixth day… God created male and female, “and it was very good (Gen. 1:31).”
You know the outcome. This male and female were free to eat from any tree in the garden, except from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, “for when you eat of it,” the Lord God told the man, “you will surely die (Gen. 2:17).”
Alas. Satan tempted Eve. Eve tempted Adam. They made a selfish choice–and were called on the carpet by the Lord Almighty.
Adam blamed Eve. Eve blamed the serpent. They suffered grave consequences for their actions. (Genesis 2:11-19)
We have been tempting others, blaming others, making selfish choices, and suffering the consequences of our (their) actions ever since.
Moses, yet another biblical character with his own reputation for making selfish choices, was fed up with the complaints and choices of his people, God’s people. He said to them,
“Now what I am commanding you today is not too difficult for you or beyond your reach. … See, I set before you today life and prosperity, death and destruction. … Now choose life so that you and your children may live and that you may love the Lord your God, listen to His voice, and hold fast to Him. For the Lord is your life, and He will give you many years in the land He swore to give to your fathers, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.” (Genesis 30: 11-19)
Life/Prosperity is a choice. So what does it mean to choose it?
Optimal Relationships: It’s Our Choice!
When I choose life, when I choose prosperity, I am choosing to engage in strong, healthy relationships:
- I love the Lord my God, listen to His voice, and hold fast to Him.
- I love my family and friends, listen to their voices, and remain loyal to them.
- I love my neighbor as myself.
- I avoid abusive relationships.
- I spend precious resources (time and energy) on others wisely.
- I make daily choices to create strong, healthy relationships.
Optimal Health: It’s Our Choice!
When I choose life, when I choose prosperity, I am choosing to make my health a priority:
- I eat well.
- I sleep well.
- I drink plenty of water.
- I exercise often.
- I unplug daily.
- I take time off to recharge.
- I make daily choices that help me attain optimal health.
Optimal Finances: It’s Our Choice!
When I choose life, when I choose prosperity, I am choosing the path of financial freedom.
- I maintain a prosperity mindset, casting aside all thoughts of scarcity and lack.
- I exercise discipline and prudence re: spending and investing.
- I surround myself with prosperity-minded friends and colleagues.
- I take action to attract customers and clients.
- I take action to serve my customers and clients with excellence.
- I make daily choices that lead me closer and closer to financial freedom.
So… what will YOU choose? What does True Prosperity mean to you?
If you want help, and you think you would enjoy being in a supportive environment, join my small group coaching program True Prosperity. The Summer 2013 Session has 3 seats available. Is one of them meant for you?
True Prosperity is Your Choice.
I pray you choose it today and every day.
Warmly in Christ,
“I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.” (John 10:10)
Photo by Flickr (Dave Rogers)